Monday, December 15, 2014

What is an Annuity?

What is an Annuity?

When you ask your financial advisor: “What is an annuity” … usually they will try to give a complicated answer without taking into account that the person listening to them might have no idea what they are talking about.
I do the opposite, when someone asks me What is an annuity I answer:
An annuity is not more than a financial vehicle designed to help you accumulate money for your retirement or to turn your retirement savings into an income stream.
Some of the questions I ask my clients is: How prepared are you for your retirement?
Usually they don’t know, and I tell them… Do you know that traditional fixed and indexed annuities can address your specific concerns and help you achieve your retirement goals?… and they answer me: “Really?”
Yes, I answered… And also they will Guaranteed payments for the rest of your life.
When you start planning for your retirement this can become one of the biggest challenges you will face. But at the same time annuities offer a safe option to help you accomplish your retirement goals. In fact, annuities are retirement vehicles that can offer guaranteed payments for the rest of your life.



No comments: